Thursday, April 12, 2012

Sketch Challenges

So I guess I finally realized how fun and inspiring Sketch challenges are.

I have noticed other Scrapbookers that always posted different artwork and blog posts about Challenges they have done and that they are so easy. There are even Sketches for card making also
But I had been skeptical, because in the past I had seen some sketches from magazines and posts, and was never really sure how it worked. Sometimes I would just draw a blank in my mind when I looked at them and thought "Uh....how do I begin? "


So now I can't get enough of them!!
 I am so happy to have found Close to My Heart and other crazy crafters like myself. So many wonderful CTMH Sisters to show me the way!

So today I worked on a Sketch from the Heart 2 Heart Challenge blog.
It was a past sketch (Aug 2011) but I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it.


so this is how I started:



and These are the two layouts I created



This First one is for a Mother's Day layout





and this is the second one my Sister asked me to create using the same layout format.




So as you can see so many different looks can be done with just one sketch. Not only by just changing the paper but sometimes flipping it, can really change things around.

Following a sketch can be intimidating at first, but after you see some examples it will become clear on how to begin. That's why I love CTMH and my fellow consultants. They makes Scrapbooking and paper crafting less intimidating.

So now that you can see it can be done.....
I'm going to get back to crafting, while my toddler is still sleeping. ;)

------ Keep it Rockin------

2 comments: